Authors: Nick Piburn

Intense. That was the feeling at the Rams' football practice Wednesday. Wednesday was about as full contact of a practice as the Rams will see all regular season.

"We got into it with the offense in one-on-ones, and that just carried us through the rest of the practice," said junior cornerback Robert Herbert who was named the Mountain West Conference defensive player of the week for his efforts in the New Mexico game. "We said we were going to go into this practice and the rest of practices to prepare for TCU with intensity and aggressiveness, and that's what we did today."

Every player knows what this game means, and nothing exemplifies that as much as seeing junior linebacker Luke Adkins out at practice for the first time this season.

Adkins was out for the season with a knee injury, but he is now prepared to make his season debut in the Rams' biggest game of the season.

"Thank god I'm out there," Adkins said. "I can play, the question is: [Will they] put me in? Hopefully (the media) will put in their head to do that."

If Adkins is able to play, his return couldn't be at a better time for the Ram defense, with senior Jahmal Hall and sophomore John Nichols out for the year with injuries. Another reason for the sudden motivation in Adkins may be that he is from Texas and knows this could be his only opportunity to play in his home state.

Player of the Week

Junior Robert Herbert received the MWC defensive player of the week. Redshirt freshman place kicker Jason Smith was awarded MWC special teams player of the week, the second week in a row the award has gone to a Ram, for his outstanding kicking against UNM. Smith was 4/4 in the game on field goals, and he made all extra point tries.

Injury Report

Senior offensive lineman Albert Bimper (hamstring) is questionable; he practiced in shorts Tuesday. Senior defensive lineman Delroy Parke (knee) is questionable. Redshirt freshman Shawn McGovern (concussion) and junior blocking-back Tristan Walker (ankle) are doubtful for TCU.