Local shooting over weekend

Authors: James Baetke

A Colorado Springs man has been arrested in connection to an early morning shooting on the west side of Fort Collins Saturday, which landed three men in the hospital, police said.

Tyler Bryson Zapp, 23, was arrested Saturday night at Dewey's American Grill, 4659 Centennial Blvd., in Colorado Springs. He is being held at $150,000 bond and is facing charges of first-degree assault and menacing, both felonies.

Fort Collins Police Services responded to a noise violation at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of Lake Street and Taft Hill Road. While police were on their way to the call, numerous other calls were made by witnesses who said they heard gunfire. By the time police arrived, the suspects fled the scene in a silver Volkswagen Jetta, police said.

The victims were identified as Chris Maddamma, 19, and 20-year-olds Timothy Hoban and Anthony Soper. Hoban and Maddamma were released Saturday after being treated for their injuries and Soper was not listed as a patient as of Sunday morning. All three men are from Aurora.

According to a written statement released by Lt. Hal Dean with FCPS, Zapp was arrested by plainclothes officers after a surveillance operation was conducted by law enforcement, including FCPS. The suspect was carrying a handgun when he was arrested, Dean said.

Fort Collins police would not release any further information Sunday and said more details would likely emerge today.