Authors: Danielle Yuthas

The story of an inner struggle leaves the audience affixed to the edge of its seat.

The CSU production of "The Second Death of Priscilla" is both stimulating and fascinating. The play requires much thought and interpretation by the viewer.

"Nothing seems to make a whole lot of sense and yet, somehow some region of your mind grasps what I am trying to show you," stated director Andi Champion-Cardoso.

Priscilla is tormented by a wolf constantly lurking outside her window. Jacqueline, the wolf she fears, is played by sophomore theater major Andy Steinhauer. As a defense, Priscilla separates herself into three separate beings. Priscilla, played by Felicia Sabartinelli, junior speech communications major, represents her mind. She gives her body the name Aramanda, played by Lindsey Beechwood, junior technical journalism major. Her soul, called Coquelicot, is played by junior technical journalism major Christine Tawfik. The man who loves Priscilla, Peter, played by sophomore theater major Joey Lesiak, tries to rescue Priscilla from her estranged state, not realizing her character is threefold.

The play puts a dark spin on the story of the "Three Little Pigs", giving it an entirely new meaning. The house of straw is the body, the house of sticks is the soul and the house of bricks is the mind. Jacqueline tries to convince Priscilla the wolf was actually safe in the brick house. He succeeds in conquering Aramanda and Coquelicot but finally, after rescuing Peter, Priscilla would not be defeated by the wolf. She overcame the wolf within her, prompting the question to the audience: Is there a wolf in us all?

The play revolves around one simple, yet interesting set designed by senior theatre major Brianne Zimmer. The lighting, by designer Jesse Cogswell, junior theater majo, makes the show. Images including a horse and cracked glass are conveyed through the use of lighting effects. The costumes by Liz Droge, senior theater and biology double major, and sound effects designed by senior theater major Denise Docter, add to the ambiance.

The intrigue keeps playgoers thinking long after they leave the theater.