Rams back at it Tuesday

Authors: Nick Piburn

Due to inclement weather, the Rams were unable to get on the field for practice Monday, so they had a small walk through in Moby. Tuesday was a perfect day for football and the Rams took advantage of it.

Head coach Sonny Lubick held a two hour-plus practice Tuesday in preparation for their first conference road game at BYU in Provo, Utah Saturday.

"Practice went great today. It was nice to get back out there and work," said sophomore h-back Kory Sperry. "The weather was perfect for it. All the California guys don't like it, but it's kind of nice."

The Rams spent a majority of practice working the scout team on the Cougars. BYU runs a different type of offense than any other team CSU has faced so far this year.

The Cougars have several different defensive sets, but they often use a five-man line with only three defensive backs.

The defense also schemed for a Cougar offense that puts the ball in the air more than any other team the Rams have faced this year.

The Rams will face the Cougars Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium (capacity of 64,045) at 8 p.m. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain in the Denver area.

Injury Report

Senior linebacker Courtney Jones (ribs) practiced Tuesday and is expected to play. Senior Jahmal Hall (knee) missed practice Tuesday because he had an MRI, Hall is listed as questionable. Junior offensive lineman Josh Day (hamstring) was limited in practice and is listed as questionable. Senior offensive lineman Albert Bimper (hamstring) worked his injury at practice but is listed as doubtful.