Authors: Nick Piburn

There's something about three straight wins that makes a coach a little happier. CSU head coach Sonny Lubick had that little extra something in his smile at his weekly press conference at C.B. & Potts Monday.

Lubick talked about the goal line stand that won the game Saturday against Utah after he and his coaching staff got a second chance to see it on film.

"The goal line stand was a great moment for us. Some excellent players just playing with all the heart they could muster up and give down there," he said. "I have to give (defensive line coaches) Karl Ballard and Jesse Williams a lot of pride… we were well coached and they did what they had to do."

While last week was a great hard-fought win for the Rams, Lubick knows that was last week and his team has to put that in the back of their minds.

"It was great for our football team to win a close one," Lubick said. "When you finally get one to fall your way it just makes the players feel good, it makes the coaches and everybody feel good, however that doesn't change the fact that we have to play a tough football game this week."

There's no longer a weak link in the Mountain West Conference anymore. On the brink of going 1-4 overall and 0-3 in conference play, the Cougars of BYU came from behind to beat a favored New Mexico team in Albuquerque Saturday behind conference player of the week, quarterback John Beck.

Lubick said he expects a pass-happy Cougar team to try and run a little more against the Rams than they have through their first five games.

CSU will be back out at practice today, weather permitting, to prepare for Saturdays trip to Provo, Utah to face BYU (2-3, 1-2).

Tickets

Tickets for the Oct. 22 home game against Wyoming are on sale now. Only about 5,000 tickets remain for the game, which is expected to be a sellout. Student tickets will begin to be distributed Monday, Oct.17 at the McGraw Center and the Lory Student Center.