Authors: Jenny Ivy

One spotlight. One microphone. One man.

Standing solo before a black velvet curtain, comedian Jerry Seinfeld took center stage Friday and Saturday night at the Temple Buell Theatre in Denver. The mile high performance was part of a nationwide standup tour, which will end late December with a final stop in Las Vegas, Nev.

Yet again, the long-time entertainer lived up to the reputation. The 51-year-old comedian struck never-ending laughs among the sold out Buell crowd, an audience comprised, at capacity, of 2,882 seats.

Fellow NBC patron, Tom Papa, opened for Seinfeld. Papa is the producer and co-creator of "Come to Papa," which premiered on NBC in 2004.

"Oh the excitement of the Buell. There's nothing like it," said Seinfeld as he took the stage under the scope of a lone spotlight.

In a scene reserved for only the true legends, the ecstatic audience welcomed the comedian with a warm pre-performance standing ovation, showing the anticipation for the post-NBC star was set high.

Seinfeld is most notably known as the co-creator of the sitcom, "Seinfeld," a show "about nothing," which chronicles the humorous, everyday antics of four neurotic New Yorkers.

The nine-season hit series marked Seinfeld as not only one of the most successful sitcom stars, but as a comedic icon when coupled with his standup ingenuity.

Not knowing what to expect after his 1998 series ending "Seinfeld" finale, the comedian enthralled the audience, showing he was still indeed comfortable doing what he started out in the business doing: being live on stage.

At one point in the show, Seinfeld got down on his hands and knees, proving his talent for comedic delivery shined through visually as well as verbally.

The actor/comedian/writer/director proved to still be the all-around performer he was when he was doing 10-minute spot performances on the "Tonight Show" almost 20 years ago.

With a 45-minute, successful punchline after punchline standup, there wasn't a face to be found in the crowd that didn't sustain premature smile lines. Even the most mundane subject was turned into a laugh riot.

With almost daily cable and major network sydication of "Seinfeld" airing even now, the memorable comedian is showing no signs of fading out of the entertainment limelight.

So the question on everyone's minds, as the comedian noted, is what has this rich joke slinger been up to since the ending of one of the most notorious shows on television?

The answer: nothing.

Packing venues, sellout after sellout, it appears this entertainer is not going to slow down into permanent retirement any time soon.

"I am so busy doing nothing…that the idea of doing anything – which as you know, always leads to something – cuts into the nothing and then forces me to have to drop everything," Seinfeld told the crowd.