Authors: Nicholas LoFaro

anye's Revolution Continues…

In between the intellectual poet and the egotistical rapper, there is hardly ever any room for a performer such as Kanye West to reach listeners who are exclusive to one sound or the other. But throughout being a living and rhyming contradiction, it is clear that West is set to reach all audiences.

Everyone by now knows his story about the car accident and record industry struggle that perhaps opened the floodgates for this emcee, but does anyone know where West is headed now that he is a household name? And to define "household name," just ask your mom if she knows who he is, and if she knows, then Kanye West is a household name.

West's love for '70s soul music has been easily recognizable, but on the song "Touch The Sky," the soul reaches new heights with screaming horns that help envelope the retro-vibe. "Heard 'Em Say" is an ambient R&B song and features Maroon 5's Adam Levine who adds some soft lounge piano.

"Drive Slow" has a Dr. Dre-style, pick-note piano riff that is sure to make the song a hit along with its heavy and slow drumbeat.

"Crack Music" is one of the most powerful songs on the album and features The Game, aggressively rhyming in a social commentary aimed at pinpointing politicians and sounds off on everything from Ronald Regan to George W. Bush.

"Roses" has West without a beat for half the song and then concludes with a tight beat behind some Gospel-style and sorrowful lyrics.

"We Major" features Nas, and the single "Diamonds From Sierra Leone" features Jay-Z, if anyone needed more incentive to buy this album.

West chooses soul and catch over hardcore and gangsta-rap soul which is incredibly helpful when trying to get noticed throughout the United States and the world. He is the first rapper to appear on TIME magazine, so forget the Source or Rolling Stone. Kanye West is set to culture the world with his multi-culture mindset and his revolution will soon be seen as one that is even with the likes of the Tupac Shakur or Biggie Smalls and he's not even dead yet.

Tony Yayo, "Thoughts Of Predicate Felon"

Tony Yayo Has New Album Despite His Penitentiary Home

Attention all inmates and all the other people that aren't locked up, Tony Yayo is out in the world of popular music but he isn't exactly out in the world yet. This one-part G-Unit dishes some of the hardest hitting stuff hip-hop music has had in a while.

Most popular rap is laced with party flavor and aimed clearly for the club. It has been hard to avoid Bacardi-booty shaking music, however, Tony Yayo is here to get things street-scary again.

Yes, yes, his bass-heavy music hits you right in the gut area and will hit parents so hard that Tipper Gore will be out trying to get the FCC to magnify the parental advisory stamp on the front of this album. Yayo speaks of all the things that would easily make the FBI come knocking: You know – drugs, alcohol, loose women and homicide. Oh, don't forget the beef that never ends in the world of rap music, because Yayo takes extra time to reflect on why he is behind bars.

What is a "predicate felon" you ask? Well, you won't find the answer here. Perhaps Yayo means to be the voice of the criminal or the inmate, or perhaps he means simply to entertain and swoon an audience full of wannabes or he may just be out to entertain and grace the hip-hop world with some truth of how difficult and scary some people have to live their lives in this country.

Speaking of beef, the song "Tattle Teller" is a nice and friendly shout-out to G-Unit's buddy Fat Joe, and the song "Live By The Gun" tells a frightening story of how one's lifestyle determines one's death-style.

"So Seductive" with 50 Cent is perhaps the only club-ready jam, and the song "I'm So High" is, well, quite self-explanatory. "I Know You Don't Love Me" is sure to be a hit with some mysterious and eerie slide-guitar riding in the background. Eminem and G Unit's protege and first lady Olivia appear on the teeth-grinding jam "Drama Setter."

If gangsta rap does not have a place in your collection and if gangsta lifestyle is just not something you are into, (which is okay, you're still cool), then at least the heavy usage of creepy piano and catchy beats will distract your hips from your ears.

And if that is still not enough, then at least keep watching the G-Unit rat-pack as they continue to scare the crap out of politicians and parents – oh, and fellow inmates.