Football gears up

Authors: Collegian sports staff

Practice Update

The Rams went through a light practice Monday wearing shoulder pads, helmets and shorts. The practice lasted only an hour and a half instead of the usual two.

All but about ten minutes of the practice was devoted to individual drills for all positions.

After the individuals, the team met on the practice field to run a two-minute drill. The starters were first, where junior UCLA transfer Nnamdi Ohaeri continued to get the reps as the starting running back.

The second team did a quick two-minute drill with sophomore Kyle Bell running the football.

The team had a light practice Monday because it's normally a day the team spends reviewing film from the game the week before, but with this being the first week the team was able to get out on the field.

"Kind of prepared mentally today, get prepared for the week ahead," said senior wide receiver David Anderson. "Monday is kind of a mental day, Tuesday and Wednesday are work days and Thursday's back to a mental day."

Injury Update

Junior wide receiver Dustin Osborn had been practicing throughout the preseason with a red jersey because of collarbone surgery, indicating he can't have physical contact. Osborn removed the red jersey Monday, and is now practicing full contact with the rest of the team.

Senior defensive end Terrance Carter had been practicing without contact due to a concussion. Monday he was cleared to practice.

Sophomore defensive lineman Erik Sandie practiced lightly in drills, but did not wear any pads due to a sore lower back.

Redshirt freshman Matt Rupp practiced Monday, he has been out with a hamstring injury.