Get the gear

Authors: Ryan Fedel

Looking for a new bike to dominate the trails? Look no further than the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro 120. Designed with uphill and downhill single-track riding in mind, this bike features five inches of travel in the front and rear to help you overcome any obstacles that you may encounter. This bike, with top of the line Shimano parts, will set you back about $3,000.

Interested in an entry level bike that will get around town but still be able to hit the local trails on the weekends? The Trek 3700 is the answer. The 3700 features an aluminum frame that is strong enough to satisfy your commuting needs, but is light enough to take on local trails, all for about $300 so it won't break the bank.

Still using tubes in your mountain bike tires? It is time to get rid of them using a Stan's NoTubes Tubeless System. The $60 kit includes everything you will need to convert a standard rim and wheel into a tubeless set up. With this system your tire will be holding the air instead of a tube. A major advantage is that you can forget about flats, the Stan's Sealant, included in the kit, will fill any holes you mange to get in your tire.

A horn for you bike is a great way to be creative and to personalize your ride. Lee's Cyclery & Fitness has a whole selection of bike horns including some strange looking alligators and dinosaurs. Priced at $8.99, these horns are a personal touch for any bike out there.

All items featured here are available at Lee's Cyclery & Fitness located just off campus on the corner of West Laurel Street and South Mason Street.