Justin Holland Profile

Authors: Trevor Edy

Class: Senior

Major: Liberal Arts

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 207

Hometown: Lakewood, Colo.

High School: Bear Creek

Position: Quarterback

Going into last season there were high expectations at the quarterback position after the departure of NFL bound Bradlee Van Pelt. Fans and coaches alike looked to Justin Holland to step up.

After setting state high school records for passing (10,567 yards) and touchdowns (108) at Bear Creek High School in Littleton, Colo; Holland had established himself.

In the first game of the season, Holland was impressive throwing for 403 yards and two touchdowns while completing over 70 percent of his passes against rival, University of Colorado.

His promising 2004 campaign came to an end during the sixth game of the season when he fractured his ankle in a game against San Diego State.

"Luckily it was not as bad as we thought at first," said Holland.

Holland spent the rest of the year rehabbing his knee while true freshman Caleb Hanie tried to fill his shoes. Holland also worked the ankle in the offspring trying to make sure he would be 100 percent for his final year.

"It took a long time to heal; I just had to get my feet under me again," he said. Holland said working on strength and agility really helped the recovery. Holland was eager to get back onto the field after the off-season rehab. "It took a lot of work, but I really wanted to get back out here," he said.

Holland is looking to stay healthy this season and lead the team back to elite status in the Mountain West Conference that CSU has held for years.

"I know we can get back to the top of the league again," he said.

Holland also finds time to have some fun with his roommate (Dave Anderson) outside of football.

"Dave can be a pretty intense guy, so on the night before games we have a wrestling match, " said Holland. "Dave is a big guy, but it's all in fun,"

Holland also said he likes to mellow out before games with some soft rap.

"If the music is too intense, my muscles get tight," said the Rams' starting quarterback.

Holland is also thought to be among the top 33 quarterbacks in the nation, evident by his recent nomination to the O'Brien watch list. The O'Brien award is given annually to the nation's top quarterback.