Jun 282005

Several locations in Larimer County will offer fireworks displays on Monday, which is Independence Day. Event organizers advised getting to the shows early in order to secure parking.

In Fort Collins, the show will begin about 9:30 p.m. at City Park on Mulberry Street. Free shuttles to the show will be available from the Downtown Transit Center at the corner of Mason and Maple streets and from Moby Arena on the campus of Colorado State University. For more information, call (970) 221-6640 or go to www.fcgov.com.

When the skies finally get dark in Loveland, fireworks will be shot off at Lake Loveland. The beach and swimming areas that were popular for viewers in the past will be closed off this year and people are encouraged to park north of the park or at the high school. Call (970) 962-2000 for more information.

Two shows will be available in Greeley. The Greeley Country Club at 47th Avenue and 10th Street will offer displays after 9 p.m. Approximately 10 or 10:30 p.m., there will be another large fireworks show at Island Grove Park, following the final concert at the annual Greeley Independence Stampede. The park is located on north 14th Avenue but the fireworks will be visible from far away.