Authors: Nick Piburn

After outstanding regular seasons and Rocky Mountain Lacrosse Conference tournaments in which the women finished first and the men finished second, both the men's and women's lacrosse teams will be competing at nationals May 12-15 in Blaine, Minn.

Both teams have realistic chances of winning nationals, as they both finished out the regular season at No. 2 nationally in their respective leagues.

"We're all pumped up for nationals," said women's lacrosse president Jen Gunlikson. "It's really cool to go out there with men. Both teams will be fighting for the national title."

The men's team is coming off its first loss of the season to Brigham Young in the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse Conference championship game, but head coach Flip Naumburg is ready to move on and worry about nationals.

"I have two or three points of emphasis for us," Naumburg wrote on csulacrosse.com. "I am also madly (and happily) working on certain kinds of design changes in hopes of reinforcing the basic structure of our little pyramid of potential."

BASEBALL

Last weekend was a complete whiteout for the CSU baseball team, as all four games with Colorado were canceled due to an April snowstorm that ripped through Northern Colorado.

Even though the Rams have clinched the Rocky Mountain North Conference, the team still has two more big events this season.

First up is the regional championships against the Rocky Mountain South Conference champion May 13-14. The Rams will likely play Colorado-Colorado Springs.

Then May 25-30 the Rams will travel to Bradenton, Fla, for the National Collegiate Baseball Association World Series. The Rams are the defending champions.

Ultimate Frisbee

Since the men's ultimate Frisbee team – called Hibida rather than the Rams – won the Rocky Mountain Invitational the first weekend in April, it hasn't been the busiest team at CSU.

April 9-10 the team was in Boulder for sectionals. Eight teams competed in the tournament with seven spots open for regionals. Hibida made sure it wasn't the one team left out, finishing second to Colorado.

The team has been off since sectionals, but this weekend the players will play regionals at the Air Force Academy. The tournament will host 16 teams from four different states – Colorado, California, New Mexico and Arizona. The top two teams in the tournament will advance to the national tournament May 26-30 in Corvallis, Ore.

"Our chances are pretty good to make it," said club president Zach Taylor. "We have a higher record, and better scoring than most of the teams. We're looking pretty strong."

Cycling

By finishing third in the Rocky Mountain Collegiate Cycling Conference the Rams Cycling Team qualified for the United States Cycling Championships May 15-17 at the University of Kansas in Lawrence.

The Rams have the chance to take multiple men and women to the championships; four men and three women are going. The men are Robby Ketchell, Rhett Foster, John Parks and Garrett White, and the women are Sarah Germanson, Sydney Fuller and Jenna Rettenmayer.

"Our goal is to finish in the top five of the team competition," Ketchell said. "If all goes well we should be able to reach it."

The tournament consists of three events: a road race, a criterium and a team trial, in which there will be individual and team champions in each event.