Authors: Chris Gerken

The Colorado Eagles started the 2004-2005 playoff year facing the stigma of having stepped out of the playoffs quickly last season.

Now, after a stellar playoff performance thus-far, the Eagles can bring the President's Cup home to Colorado.

Colorado enters the President's Cup Finals for the first time in team history tonight against the Southern Conference Champion Laredo Bucks at the Budweiser Events Center. The two teams met only once in the regular season this year, with the Eagles winning the contest 2-0.

The defending champion Bucks bring a lot to the table, each with CHL most valuable players in Greg Pankewicz for the Eagles and Jeff Bes for the Bucks. Laredo was undefeated in the final 13 games of its season and is entering the finals after an easy four-game sweep of the Amarillo Gorillas. Both teams are also undefeated at home this playoff year.

The series will be a match up of rookie goaltenders, with Tyler Weiman continuing to start for Colorado and last year's Rookie of the Year David Guerrera starting for the Bucks. Guerrera is particularly strong at home, with Laredo going 27-2-3 at home when he starts.

The puck drops today at the Budweiser Events Center at 7:05 p.m. The game can be seen on Altitude Sports or heard on 99.9 FM.