To the editor:

I am, like, totally so disenfranchised with the content of the weekly Friday Collegian sports column, "Only Our Opinion Matters," (penned by Dumb and Dumber). I'm thinking, like, these two frat boys know nothing at all about sports and are, like, totally posers desperately trying to prove their manliness by writing this absolute, like, bore of a column. It's, like, totally bogus DUDE!

I'm sorry, boys, but your column is crap. You know very little about sports, and trying to substitute arrogance for knowledge will only have an effect on the truly ignorant. Do some research (like reading Ramnation.com or ESPN.com), develop some original ideas and, for the love of God, quit writing like a couple of sorority chicks!

You, like, have a totally awesome opportunity in a fine student newspaper and all you're, like, accomplishing is making a collective, like, fool of yourselves. Take a cue from your assistant sports editor, Jon Pilsner, a unique and knowledgeable talent with boundless potential in sports journalism, and educate yourselves. For you must realize that philosophically and fundamentally, "Life is sport, and sport is life." It should never be trivialized.

Michael Watson

Senior

Pre-med

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

After reading Jake Blumberg's column on Take Back the Night, I was sincerely impressed – so much so that I felt it necessary to thank him immediately. Thank you, not only for showing up to the event, but also for meaning every word you spoke in your article. I know that abuse is a topic that you feel very strongly about, and you did a great job covering the key issues.

Men, please show your support next year and bring the percent up from 0.2. The event was wonderful, and I hope even more people can show up next year. Show everyone that not only are you not part of the problem, but also that you are concerned about the solution!

One person CAN make the difference! Thank you so much for your article, Blumberg, I am proud to call you my classmate.

Melissa May

Sophomore

Apparel and merchandising major

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

After reading the article, "Parents Pointing Finger at CSU" Wednesday regarding the drowning of the student in the Campus Recreation Center this fall, I was shocked. I know the parents are trying to be forgiving, but I would like to know why action isn't being taken against the lifeguard who was blatantly negligent and responsible for the death of David Karspeck.

I have more than four years of experience as a lifeguard; I know the rules and regulations that this individual was supposed to be following. The fact that the victim sat on the bottom of the pool for seven minutes shows how extremely negligent the lifeguard was.

Her job as a lifeguard is to prevent things like this from happening. Yet she left her station to go talk with a manager and was paying no attention to the patrons of the pool. Then she flat out lied to the rescue workers who showed up to care for the victim.

So why isn't anything happening to her? Why are there no legal repercussions? She had a job to do, she was the responsible party, and she failed. The result of this was the death of this poor man.

If she had been doing her job, she would have noticed when he blacked out and could have saved his life. This is a horrible incident and I would like to know why CSU has done nothing to prevent this from happening again or to bring the responsible party to justice.

Kelly Walsh

Senior

Microbiology major