Authors: Chris Gerken

If the Colorado Eagles want to advance to the next round of the playoffs, they need to do one thing – beat Jason Flick.

Thanks in great part to the veteran Wichita Thunder goaltender's efforts, the Eagles find themselves in the precarious position of being tied in their best-of-seven series with Wichita, despite jumping out to a 2-0 series start. Wichita, though noticeably fatigued in game one, has since tightened all aspects of its game, evening out the series on its home ice. The Thunder has been especially strong in goaltending, with Flick putting up some phenomenal saves to keep Wichita in the series.

Colorado comes into game five tonight against the Thunder on home ice with a lot riding on the game. A win would put the Eagles on top 3-2, giving them a chance to close out the series on Wednesday night in Wichita. However, a loss would out them in a 3-2 deficit heading to the Kansas Coliseum, an arena the Eagles have struggled in offensively, mustering only one goal in two games in Wichita.

However, Colorado comes into game five with a lot of confidence.

"We are fortunate to have really good goaltending and three solid lines," said team captain Greg Pankewicz after game four.

The Eagles are undefeated on home ice this playoff season, and goaltender Tyler Weiman has been especially strong at the Budweiser Events Center this season. Colorado typically out-shoots its opponents on home ice as well, but the Eagles must generate more quality scoring chances to get a goal past Flick.

The puck drops tonight at the Budweiser Events Center at 7:05 p.m. The game can be heard on 99.9 FM.