Only our opinions matter

Authors: Scott Bondy, Paul Baker

Topic 1: Denver's worst sports franchise, the Colorado Rockies, has made the news for the first time this year. But it's not for a good reason. Jorge Piedra, normally a minor leaguer, was the second Major League Baseball player to be suspended for steroids. After a 1-7 start, their worst in the team's history, can the Rockies turn it around?

Bondy: I think it's hilarious that of all teams, the Rockies get caught with a player on 'roids. They are pretty much one of the worst teams in the league and they still cheat.

Baker: I wish the Rockies were good. But I guess I will just have to get used to seeing them at the bottom of the conference.

Bondy: Piedra was splitting time with the Rockies AAA team. He didn't even play. So who cares that he cheated; he's still bad.

Baker: They should just contract the Rockies and save them the humility of the rest of the season.

Topic 2: Question and Answer

Baker: Who will have the better year, Mark Prior or Curt Schilling?

Bondy: I'm going with Prior. Although Schilling will have better run support, he may be too banged up to be his usual self.

Bondy: Biggest disappointment in the NBA this year?

Baker: Your boy Kevin Garnett and the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Baker: Can the Bulls reach the Eastern Conference Finals?

Bondy: I hope so. They play with such energy. I love seeing all those college all-stars coming together and dominating teams.

Bondy: Coolest sports moment of the past week?

Baker: When the goalie for AC Milan got pelted with a flare in the back of the head.

Bondy: No, it was when Mike Tyson called his opponent, Kevin McBride, "real cute."

Baker: Who in their prime would win in a boxing matchup: Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali?

Bondy: Mike Tyson, because he's cute.

Topic 3: After Indiana Pacers player Jermaine O'Neal's recent comments on race regarding the NBA's discussions on raising the age limit, it's hard to show the usually classy all-star as much respect. Are O'Neal's comments valid and is it a good idea for the NBA to raise the age limit?

Bondy: His remarks are totally unjustified. To play the race card on this issue, I felt, was so farfetched. It shocked me.

Baker: I agree with him that they shouldn't raise the age limit to 20. Some of the best and most exciting players these days are either from high school or leave college early, such as Amare Stoudamire, Lebron James and Carmelo Anthony.

Bondy: The best players of all-time went to college though. If Michael Jordan went to college, so should they. Get an education.

Baker: If I remember correctly, Jordan left early.

Bondy: Um, he would have qualified under the rule. Three years is enough college. This rule would improve basketball at the high school, college and NBA levels.

Baker: If three years of college is enough, I guess I won't be seeing you next year.

Closing Statements and Words of the Wise

Bondy: I love Mike Tyson, and I can't wait for him to tear that Irish guy up.

Baker: The Rockies may be the first team to go 1-161. That would be awesome.