Authors: Erin Skarda

The Colorado Senate approved two new members to the Board of Governors of the CSU System, as well as supporting the reappointment of another member Thursday, according to a university press release.

Ed Haselden, president and chief executive officer of Haselden Construction, LLC, and Douglas L. Jones, president and owner of the JONES Realty Group, have both been appointed to four-year terms. Patrick Grant, president and CEO of the National Western Stock Show, was confirmed for another four years.

"We are very pleased with the appointments of Ed Haselden and Douglas Jones and the reappointment of Patrick Grant," said CSU President Larry Penley, who is also CSU System Chancellor, in a press release.

Each of the appointees brings his own experience to the board. Haselden is a community and business leader, serving on the U.S. Bank Board of Advisors and the executive committee of the Denver Metro Economic Development Corporation, among others.

Jones also serves on numerous boards and has collaborated with faculty and staff in the CSU System to support scholarships enabling students to attend the universities.

Grant has served as executive committee member and secretary on the board of governors and is also a member of various boards across Colorado.

"All three have a strong commitment to the success and growth of the Colorado State University System and its campuses in Fort Collins and Pueblo," Penley said in the press release. "They bring outstanding business experience and acumen to the board as well as a deep understanding of the complex issues facing higher education in Colorado today."