Authors: Sarah Rawley

What: Snowriders presents MSP film "Yearbook"

Where: Lory Student Center Theatre

When: 7 p.m. Thursday – doors open 6:30 p.m.

Tickets: $3 for students, $5 for non-students

The ski season is dwindling, but enthusiasm for skiing and snowboarding is still at large when the CSU Snowriders premier the film, "Yearbook," a Matchstick Production at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Lory Student Center Theatre.

Proceeds will go to the Snowboarding Outreach Program, SOS, a non-profit organization to help inner-city youth get up to the mountains with equipment and lessons.

This is the Snowriders' first movie premiere for charity.

"Depending on how successful it is, it might set the trend," said Trevor Gamble, president of the CSU Snowriders. "It's good to give back since the club gets a lot of good deals from the community. SOS is a good, deserving charity, especially since it's so close to us."

This 2004 film, released last fall, swept the ski community off the ground. The film won nine of eleven awards at the 2005 Powder Awards in February, including "Best Movie of the Year."

"Matchstick productions is well-known for the 'Ski Movie' series, featuring such athletes as Shane McConkey and intense freestyle and big mountain skiing and biking," Gamble said.

McConkey was recognized as the most aggressive skier and presented with "The Full Throttle Award" at the 2005 Powder Awards.

Other featured athletes including Tanner Hall, Mark Abma, Ingrid Backstrom and JT Holmes will deliver performances worthy of top marks all across the world in locations such as Bella Coola, British Columbia, Aspen, Colo., the Alps of Norway, Courchevel and Chamonix, France.

"I think it will appeal to anyone who likes big mountain films. It's not as large of a scale [as Warren Miller], but the quality is the same," said Ryan White, marketer for the CSU Snowriders.