Authors: Scott Bondy, Paul Baker

Topic 1: The Madness is almost over. It seems that every year, someone deems the NCAA basketball tournament as the greatest ever. We don't know if it is, but this year has truly been amazing. Our brackets are totally messed up and we're sure yours are as well. But we've decided to look a little bit at what has happened and predict the end.

Baker: As always there have been some surprises. West Virginia: You freaking killed me. Actually, I only have one of the Final Four teams left in my bracket.

Bondy: The remaining games appear easily predictable, but don't underestimate anyone in the field. Each team either has superior coaching or superior talent.

Baker: I'm going with Louisville to beat Illinois. My reasons: the Illini are vulnerable and haven't been playing as well as they can, and Rick Pitino is a coaching stud. Three different teams going to the Final Four is no coincidence. He knows what he is doing.

Bondy: I love him, too, but I want to see the two best teams face off in the final. That would make for a very entertaining North Carolina-Illinois game, which would feature the two most talented teams this year. I'd like to point out that Paul said that Illinois would win it all if they lost a regular season game.

Baker: I don't even know what you're talking about.

Topic2: Recently, Mark McGwire has been bashed in the news, including in this week's Collegian. It's true McGwire has brought a lot of this upon himself, but are all the accusations appropriate? Should he be inducted into the Hall of Fame at this point?

For this question we will jointly answer.

Baker and Bondy: We completely agree with Collegian columnist Matt Hitt on this issue. Mark McGwire is as guilty as O.J. Simpson. How can you appear at a congressional hearing regarding the steroid issue and decline comment? You dug yourself a nice little hole, Mark. All those who feel that since the rules of baseball did not address the steroid issue players should not be accountable are dead wrong and missing the point. McGwire cheated, regardless of what the rules say. Did Roger Maris or Hank Aaron take substances that enhanced their performance? He will not go to the Hall of Fame, nor should he.

Topic 3: Question and Answer session

Bondy: Would LeBron James have won a national championship if he played in college?

Baker: No, the NCAA and NBA are totally different. LeBron wouldn't be able to take as many shots.

Baker: Hotter Russian tennis player: Anna Kournikova or Maria Sharapova?

Bondy: Sharapova, no contest.

Bondy: Who is the best big man in college basketball?

Baker: Not Bogut. I'm going to say Sean May.

Topic 4: The Nuggets are still rolling. Currently sporting a tie for the seventh spot in the Western Conference playoff hunt, Denver is still kind of in a predicament. They will either face the Spurs or the Suns. Which team would the Nuggets rather face and which team will they actually face?

Baker: I'd rather see the Nugg Puppies play the Spurs. Hopefully Duncan won't be playing at 100 percent and the Nuggets can take advantage of that.

Bondy: I'm torn. Denver can't run with the Suns, but the Spurs defense is brutal.

Baker: The Nuggets will get the seven seed and the Spurs will get the two seed.

Bondy: Either way, the Nuggets get an early boot from the playoffs.

Closing statement and words of the wise:

Bondy: Put your money on UNC. The Tar Heels are going all the way.

Baker: I'm going for Louisville.