Authors: Jon Pilsner

You could call it a return to Friday night lights.

The CSU athletic department announced this past week changes to two games of next year's football schedule, including a game to be playing on a Friday night before a national audience.

The game against the Minnesota Gophers in Minneapolis, Minn., originally scheduled for Sept. 17, has been moved forward a week to Sept. 10. The change was requested by the Minnesota athletic department after it added a game to the Gophers' football schedule. CSU previously had its bye week the weekend of Sept. 10. It will now come after the Minnesota game.

The Rams also announced that their Oct. 29 game at New Mexico had been rescheduled to 6 p.m. Oct. 28 to accommodate ESPN2 television. This will mark the second-straight time that the game against the Lobos in New Mexico has been played on a Friday night. CSU played border rival Wyoming on Friday night in Fort Collins this past season on ESPN.

HOLLAND GOOD TO GO FOR SPRING BALL

CSU head coach Sonny Lubick told the Denver Post this past week that senior-to-be quarterback Justin Holland is ready to participate in spring practice drills this upcoming month.

Holland broke his leg during a game against San Diego State last year, ending his season and thrusting freshman Caleb Hanie into the starting role.

Lubick told the Post that Holland had completed rehab on the leg and was going to do everything he needed to during spring practices. He said that the quarterbacks are not hit during practice.

Spring practices start Wednesday. The annual Green and Gold game will be held on April 23 at French Field in Fort Collins.