Authors: Andrew Woerpel

While most people were living it up during Spring Break, the CSU women's water polo team was hard at work winning three out of four games.

In the team's first and only home game – played at Edora Pool and Ice Center – the Rams shut out Penn State Behrend, recording their second win of the season. The final score of the game was 18-0. The Rams started out quick by jumping out to a 5-0 lead.

Freshmen Annie Quinn and Laura Scruggs each scored four goals in the game while sophomore Brittany McGinley added three to lead CSU. Seven other Rams scored a goal to put Penn State Behrend to bed.

The Rams lost their second game to Chapman with a final score of 12-9. The Rams jumped out to an early 1-0 lead but then fell behind and never recovered. Sophomore Laurien White scored three goals, while McGinley notched two goals. Junior Marisa Fernandez, freshman Emily McCullough, Scruggs and Quinn also scored goals for CSU.

The Rams were also able to capture a victory over Claremont-Mudd-Scripps in the Claremont College's tournament in Claremont, Calif. The team once again jumped out to an early lead and never looked back. Fernandez led all Rams scorers with three goals and Laurien White scored two for the game. McCullough, McGinley and freshman Leah Kelly all scored goals to help out CSU in the game.

The team kept racking up the wins by winning its next two games against Occidental and La Verne beating Occidental by 10-8 and La Verne by a score of 8-4.

The Rams next game is against Indiana at 11 a.m. on April 2.