Authors: Natasha Grunden

Individuals missing clothing items that disappeared on or before March 2, 2005, should contact the Colorado State University Police Department between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday or call 970-491-6425.

Support services for victims are available through Women's Programs, 970-491-6384, University Counseling Center, 970-491-6053, or Residence Life, 970-491-6511.

Sex offenders currently registered at the University are available in the Records Section of the CSUPD. Registered in Fort Collins or the Larimer County are available at Fort Collins Police Services or the Larimer County Sheriff's Office are available at those agencies.

The case of the missing underwear in Allison Hall has been solved after more than 200 pieces were stolen.

Ryan Martinez was arrested March 2 in connection with the theft of women's undergarments from the Allison Hall laundry room.

This is an isolated instance and attributes the identification and Martinez's arrest to students being diligent and reporting the missing items to the CSU Police Department, said Mary Ellen Sinnwell, director of Residence Life.

CSU police officers took Martinez to Larimer County Detention Center and charged him with a Class 4 Felony, which is theft of goods worth more than $500. Martinez posted bond shortly after his arrest and police are therefore no longer holding him at the detention center, said Captain Robert Chaffee, an officer at the CSU Police Department. CSUPD cannot release certain details of this case, because the case is still under investigation.

Martinez had no prior record immediately available, Chaffee said.

Potential students are not required to report their criminal record on a housing application. However, they are required to disclose such information when they apply for admission to CSU. Through the effort of CSUPD and the Office of Admissions, an investigation into debatable individuals has already taken place prior to their admission, Sinnwell said.

"We don't house questionable students," she said.

The case has closure, but emotions still linger with the victims.

"It's creepy. It's just weird," said Erin Raney, freshman art major who was a victim of the thief. "Who would steal underwear unless it was a joke?"

Raney never left her clothes unattended for very long, but in the brief periods of absence her underwear were stolen. She now has an extra concern when doing laundry.

"Don't leave your laundry alone," she said. "It's kind of a pain."

Chaffee offered the same advice to keep laundry safe.

"The only was to insure your laundry is safe is to stay with it," he said.