Authors: Stephanie Lindberg

Air Force 40, CSU 75

Air Force 16 24 40

CSU 33 42 75

Air Force: Roesch 1, 0-2, 2. Steele 2, 0-0, 7. Novak 0, 0-0, 0. Castillo 3, 1-4, 7. Henderson 1, 0-2, 2. Mickens 1, 0-0, 3. Davis 0, 0-0, 0. Higgenbotham 1, 0-0, 2. Taylor 1, 0-3, 3. Findlay 6, 2-4, 14. Thomas 0, 0-0, 0. Dahlstrom 0, 0-0, 0. Jaeschke 0, 0-0, 0.

CSU: Dennett 6, 0-0, 15. Tor-Agbidye 5, 0-0, 10. Thomas 5, 0-0, 10. Hunter 4, 4-5, 12. Espinoza 0, 0-0, 0. Price 0, 0-0, 1. Square 0, 0-0, 0. Kramer 3, 2-4, 9. Nohr 1, 0-0, 2. Walseth 1, 1-2, 3. O'Dwyer 2, 0-1, 5. Moulton 3, 0-0, 8.

Rebounds: Air Force 33 (Steele 6), CSU 48 (Tor-Agbidye 11).

3-point shots: Air Force 3 (Findlay 2), CSU 7 (Hunter 4).

Technical Fouls: Air Force, none. CSU, none.

A- 1443.

In their final regular season game, the CSU women's basketball players put their up-and-down season behind them and dominated a flailing Air Force team 75-40 on Saturday before a crowd of 1,443.

"That was really what we needed," said freshman guard Sara Hunter, who made four 3 – point baskets in the game. "We needed to come back and get a win."

The Rams (15-12, 6-8 Mountain West Conference) held a 17- point lead after the first half, holding the Falcons (7-20, 2-12 MWC) to a 17.1 shooting percentage and just six field goals made.

The Falcons failed on several possessions to capitalize on rebounds. At one point the Falcons took five shots but failed to make a basket. They made just six second-chance points.

The Rams defense came up with 31 rebounds and scored 24 points off Falcons turnovers, a point highlighted by head coach Chris Denker.

"I think all in all the defense is the best part of the day," Denker said. "It was a good effort all around."

The game was also a chance to say goodbye to the team's lone senior, forward Msur Tor-Agbidye, who had career highs in almost every statistical category, including her first double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Tor-Agbidye, who played high school ball in Fort Collins, fought back tears as she waved to fans before the game.

"It surpasses what I had in mind," Tor-Agbidye said. "I'm glad I went out like this. Nothing that I do in the future is going to compare to this."

Hunter said the team would miss her.

"She always gives us the energy and effort," Hunter said. "It's great for her to go out like this."

The Rams had four players in double figures, including Tor-Agbidye, Hunter, junior guard Melissa Dennett and junior center Lindsay Thomas. Dennett led all players with 15 points. The team also shot 58 percent from the field in the second half.

Denker had praise for the team's younger players, several of whom had good games off the bench.

"One of the positives is the younger players playing well," Denker said. "I think we're playing a lot better. Our offense is coming around – that's important."

After several slow starts during the season, the Rams may finally have found the formula to starting out right. CSU went on a 10-4 run to open the first half and didn't look back.

"I think we missed a few good shots, but all in all I think the start was good," Denker said. "We've talked about starts, not only in the first but at half time."

The Rams hope to carry the momentum into their first conference matchup against No.3 seeded Brigham Young at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in Denver at the Pepsi Center. The Rams are 0-2 on the year against the Cougars.

Notes: Junior center Lindsay Thomas was honored last week as a member of the third team on ESPN the Magazine's Academic All-America Women's Basketball University Division team. Thomas, originally from Sioux Falls, S.D., carries a 4.00 grade point average and a double major in English and Spanish.

Star of the Box: Msur Tor-Agbidye, 10 points, 11 rebounds, five blocks