To the editor:

To all CSU students,

Is it just me or do our fans sometimes suck? I went to a basketball game with my face paint on and got asked by a freshman if I lost a bet! He doesn't say, "All right! That's true fan spirit, let's go crazy at the game tonight." He asks me if I lost a bet because I am supporting my school by wearing its colors where everyone can see them. But maybe one reason that CSU students don't care about the games is because we get all of the crappy seats when we do go!

Why are there sections reserved for people who never come? Is this not a college school? Should the college-age fans not be able to stand and cheer throughout the game without some 50-year-old man telling them to sit down because we are in his way? Come on!

I propose that seats closer to the floor should be opened up to students so that opposing teams will know that when they come to Moby Arena they will not only have to deal with our team and our three 7-footers, but they will have to deal with the Moby Maniacs. We are leading the conference in lowest average attendance per game and that number has been declining the last three years at a steady rate. How about some fans start showing up? How about some seats start opening up? And how about we get some new cheers in there besides "de-fense" and "C-S-U." Hey, I say shoot for the sky, I'll tell you what – those Cameron Crazies sure know how to cheer (and they get the good seats, too).

Nathan Salley

Sophomore

health and exercise science major

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

Not to sound insensitive, but can someone please explain in detail Samantha Spady's death from alcohol poisoning? I recently moved back to Fort Collins and in the past few weeks have read many articles about her, her art, her foundation, a very large church, a community alcohol center and raising alcohol awareness by minors. What I have not read about in any of the articles are the events leading up to her sad and untimely death. I understand where she was found and that she had a lethal blood-alcohol content, but can someone please fill in the rest of the details?

Jerome Santiago

Freshman

Natural resources management