Authors: Amanda Havekost

The CSU track and field teams split up to compete in two meets this weekend.

Part of the team traveled to Fayetteville, Ark., for the Tyson Invitational, where the Rams made their mark and broke some records.

Senior Josh Glaab broke the CSU and Mountain West Conference records in the 5000 meter with a time of 14:02.59. Glaab broke the school record of 14:14.05 from 2002 and the MWC record of 14:04.26 from last year. Glaab came in sixth in the 5000 with an NCAA provisional qualifying time of 14:02.59.

Junior Nicole Feest also provisionally qualified for the NCAA Championship in the 5000 with a third place time of 16:41.20.

Sophomore Magnus Lohse beat the top-ranked collegiate thrower, sophomore Garrett Johnson from Florida State, and took first in the shot put with a throw of 63-7 3/4.

Senior Jacob Benson placed third in the long jump with a leap of 23-2 1/2.

Senior Loree Smith finished third in the weight throw and placed fifth in the shot put.

Although senior Adam Trainor was ill with the flu, he placed second in the weight throw with a toss of 66-3 3/4.

Junior Nate Heyrman threw a fifth place and a NCAA provisionally qualifying throw of 63-1/4. Sophomore Trey Eder placed seventh with a throw of 61-1 1/2.

With a time of 4:53.70 in the championship mile, sophomore Danielle Korb finished second.

Junior Amanda Huddleston placed fifth in the triple jump after a leap of 40-7 3/4.

Another group represented CSU in a meet against Colorado School of Mines. The Rams left Golden with six first-place finishes.

Freshman Rachelle Mims placed first in the 60 hurdles and was third in the 60.

Freshman Kirsten Anthony won the 800 meters and junior Jenny Higgason won the high jump.

Senior Crystal Clark won the mile and freshman Adrienne Parry finished second.

Junior Mike Horton won the 60 hurdles and junior Jace Rivera won the weight throw.

The teams originally planned on sending players to three meets, but the trip to Nebraska was cancelled.

The teams will rejoin forces in Laramie on Friday in the Wyoming open.