DVD releases this week

Authors: Ryan Skeels

There are a lot of really cool DVDs coming out Tuesday and they will definitely merit a trip down to your favorite rental store. Heck, why not just get out there with all the Valentine's Day money your cute little grandmother sent you and pick up a few for keeps. Here are a couple of good ones to put on the top of your list.

"Half Baked: Fully Baked Edition"

It's a pretty good assumption that this plot need no explanation, but maybe some haven't experienced the hilariousness of three dudes selling marijuana to spring their buddy from jail for feeding a diabetic police horse too many munchies. The new features include a supposedly outrageous alternate ending, 10 deleted scenes and five minutes with the 'guy on the couch.' Oh yeah, and that Dave Chappelle guy is in it, too.

"The Motorcycle Diaries"

Apparently an amazing movie, this one didn't get much playtime in Fort Collins and is now a nominated for best song and best-adapted screenplay. This follows two men in Argentina on a motorcycle trip to discover the true Latin America. They break down and hitch rides the rest of the way to the heights of Machu Picchu. Some features include deleted scenes, and a making of the movie. Definitely check this one out.

"Saw"

All right, so the acting in this flick is definitely hurting in parts – Carey Ewles was a bad choice – but the movie is still really good, with the most unexpected ending since "Seven."

"Super Size Me"

This one has been out for a while, but apparently another one is coming out with more special features. If you haven't heard of this, it follows Morgan Spurlock on his 30-day McDonald's diet while delving into the history and "magic" behind the fast-food industry. Special features include an interview with Eric Schlosser, author of 'Fast Food Nation,' some deleted scenes and some interviews with people throughout the movie.

"Donnie Darko – The Director's Cut"

This is the most mainstream a supposed 'cult classic' could ever rise to. If you don't know Donnie yet, get on the train; he's a weird dude who you would probably find alluring. This new director's cut is supposed to have all the answers for the plot holes and unexplained events of the original cut. This disc also has commentary, a production diary and of course, the 'Darkomentary.'

If none of these tickle your pleasure, "Little House on the Prairie season 7," and "Richie Rich" with Macaulay Culkin are also coming out. Enjoy.