Authors: Bob Fernandez

Statistically, the Brigham Young Cougars women's basketball team and the CSU women's basketball team are carbon copies of each other. They appear to be two teams separated at birth.

Both teams enter tonight's head-to-head contest tied for third place in the Mountain West Conference standings.

Both teams have identical records: 4-3 in conference and 13-7 overall.

Both teams are averaging 66.6 points per game.

The differential in points allowed by each team is minor. CSU is allowing 59.4 points per game, while BYU is allowing 59.3 points per game.

Both teams have balanced offenses with three players on each team averaging double-digit points per game.

The striking similarities between the two teams could result in a tightly fought, down-to-the-wire game tonight. However, in their first meeting of the season, the Cougars and Rams looked far from evenly matched.

On Jan. 15, the Rams traveled to Provo, Utah, only to be blown out by the Cougars by a final score of 74-54. Since then, the Rams have won 4-of-5 games, with the only loss coming Saturday in a road game against New Mexico.

The Cougars have also continued their winning ways since beating the Rams, winning 3-of-5 games, with the two losses coming against New Mexico and Utah, two teams that are tied for first in the MWC standings.

The Rams will look to put an end to BYU's winning ways tonight at Moby Arena, where they have posted a record of 10-2 so far this season. The Cougars enter tonight's game with a road record of 2-2.

BYU is led by senior guard Julie Sullivan, who is averaging team bests in scoring with 11 points per game and assists with 4.1 dishes per game (fifth in the MWC). Junior forward Ambrosia Anderson and senior forward Kristen Kozlowski each score double-digit points per game, with 10.5 and 10.1 ppg, respectively.

Senior forward Danielle Cheesman is nearly averaging a double-double, with nine points per game and a team-best 8.7 boards per game (second in the conference).

Tonight's action between the Rams and the Cougars kicks off at 7 at Moby Arena.

Note — CSU sophomore center Marilyn Moulton is scheduled to sing the National Anthem just prior to tonight's game.