Authors: Amanda Grace Havekost

Air Force Classic Meet Results:

Men Points Women Points

1) CSU 154.5 1) CSU 149

2) Colorado 127.5 2) California 142

3) California 117 3) Colorado 116

4) Air Force 97 4) Air Force 98

Thanks to the CSU track and field teams, records shattered and a winning streak was left unbroken after Saturday's Air Force meet.

Although Colorado and Cal rested in preparation for Saturday, the Rams were still unstoppable. The men left with first place, followed by CU, Cal and Air Force. The women won, with Cal close behind, followed by CU and Air Force.

The U.S. Track Coaches Association Team Power Rankings have the women ranked No. 1 and the men No. 10.

Some serious competition and preparation paid off for the Rams this weekend, when four school records fell and one was tied.

Junior Amanda Huddleston went full force and tied her own CSU record in the triple jump with a second place mark of 40-9 3/4. She said she was thrilled about her jumping and was proud of the team's accomplishments.

"As a team, I'm really excited about how everybody is doing and the hard work has really paid off," Huddleston said. "I'm excited about my jumping today and I'm happy I am consistently jumping over 40 feet."

On the men's squad, senior sprinter John Woods is responsible for rewriting two of the four CSU records broken. Woods made NCAA provisional qualifying marks in the 60-meter and the 200-meter, won both events, broke his own records from last season and claimed a Mountain West Conference record in the 200. He clocked in with the second-best time in conference history in the 60-meter with 6.66 and 20.91 in the 200-meter.

Senior Loree Smith can't stop winning the weight throw. Smith raised the standard by breaking the American Collegiate record with a throw of 73-0 3/4. The CSU, MWC and Air Force track throwing records also collapsed because of Smith's performance. Smith broke her own record of 71-2 in the weight throw from last week and earned a first-place finish in the shot put.

Senior Katrice Thomas is the final Ram who claimed a record this weekend. She won and broke her own CSU record from last season in the 400-meter with a time of 55.30. Thomas also took first in the 200-meter.

2004 Mountain West Indoor All-Conference team member senior Jacob Benson took first place in the triple jump with a season-best jump of 49-3 1/2.

"It was my first time really doing the triple jump in a meet situation this season," Benson said. "I wanted to go further but I'm happy with where I'm at."

Freshmen Jarelle Johnson and Jason Smith placed second and third behind Benson.

Sophomore Janay DeLoach had a season-best leap of 19-7 in the long jump that earned a first-place finish.

Senior Adam Trainor took first and led a trio of Rams in the weight throw with a throw of 67-1 1/2. Sophomore Trey Eder and junior Nate Heyrman claimed second and third in the weight throw behind Trainor.

Freshman Ciarre Campbell placed second in the long jump and likes the direction the team is heading.

"I think we could improve a lot, but it's still early in the season," Campbell said.

STAR OF THE MEET: CSU's Loree Smith: Earned a first-place, record-breaking finish in weight throw and took first in shot put.