Authors: Bob Fernandez

The CSU women's basketball team's four-game winning streak came to an end on Wednesday, as they fell to in-state rival Colorado by a score of 77-83.

Fortunately for the Rams, they have little time to dwell on their heartbreaking loss since they will be back on the court at Moby Arena on Sunday as they return home to take on Oregon (5-0).

CSU (5-2) is undefeated at home, going 5-0 at Moby Arena so far this season. The Rams' only two losses this season came on the road against CU and at Notre Dame, who is currently ranked No. 5 in the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll.

CSU has dominated on its home floor so far this season, defeating its opponents by an average of 25.8 points per game.

Sunday's game against CSU will be Oregon's second road game of the season. The Ducks' previous road game on Nov. 27 resulted in a 68-50 win at Long-Island Brooklyn.

Defense has been a key to Oregon's undefeated start. In their five victories, the Ducks have averaged 67.8 points per game, while allowing only 52.2 points per game.

CSU has used a high-scoring, balanced offense during their previous seven games. The Rams have averaged 75.3 points per game, while giving up 60.9 points per game.

CSU is led in scoring by junior forward Melissa Dennett, who is averaging 14.3 points per game to go along with her 9.1 rebounds per game. Two other Rams are averaging double-digit points per game: Junior center Lindsay Thomas is averaging 13.1 points and a team-best 9.4 rebounds per game; Junior guard Vanessa Espinoza is third on the team in scoring with 12.6 points per game and is also averaging a team-best 4.1 assists per game.

Through their first five games, the Ducks are led by senior forward Cathrine Kraayeveld, who is averaging 13 points and 7.2 rebounds, both team-bests, and 2.8 assists per game. Senior center Andrea Bills is second on the team in both scoring and rebounding with 11.4 points and 6.4 boards per game. Senior guard Corrie Mizusawa, is the top-dishing duck, averaging 7.8 assists per game, third best in the nation.

Tip-off for Sunday's game against Oregon is scheduled for 6 p.m. at Moby Arena.