To the Editor:

I am becoming more and more concerned about graduation. Perhaps I am thinking about this too early, but every year there is a small addition to the paper saying who is graduating. I always look forward to this so that I can see who I know who is graduating and what they are graduating in. There is a certain satisfaction in seeing a name you know in the lists. Now I am graduating and I haven't seen this insert. Is it coming? Or has it been cut like so many other things at this school because the people of the state and in the state government don't care about higher education?

Matthew Thomas

Senior, history

To the Editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

I am writing in response to Keith Pizio's letter to the editor on Monday this week. He wrote about how "intolerable fashion is reaching epidemic proportions here at CSU." He then continued to criticize some recent fads that have been going around. Now, just to clarify, I am in no way fashion-oriented; I wear the same clothes I've been wearing for several years. However, I don't believe in criticizing people for something as meaningless as the clothes they wear. I was definitely picking up some negative vibes from Pizio's letter, and I thought that was unnecessary. It sounded like he really resents some people for their fashion-oriented apparel. Now, I am in no way saying Pizio isn't entitled to his opinions or that he shouldn't share them, but I am saying that there's no reason to get upset over something as insignificant as the clothes people wear. If being fashionable makes them happy and doesn't hurt anyone, how is it wrong? In response to that question one might say that these people aren't expressing themselves but simply copying what the media feeds them. But maybe they just express themselves differently than you and I. I'm sure that some would even argue that these fashion followers help to fuel the economy. I think the world would truly benefit if people got less upset about trivial things like fashion. Why not let people who are different than you and I do their own thing without barraging them with criticism?

Al Watson

Sophomore, mechanical engineering