Authors: Nick Piburn

The women's soccer teams will begin their fight for a national championship today in Austin, Texas at the 2004 Collegiate Soccer Sport Club Championships. The Gold team is competing with 15 other teams in the championship division and the Green team will try to better 19 other teams in the open division.

In the opening round, the games are set in a round-robin format with the Ram's Gold team beginning play at 9 a.m. against Baylor. CSU will then have a small rest before playing Delaware at 3 p.m. The final opening round game is against Miami, Ohio Friday at 7 a.m. The ladies must finish in the top two of their pool to move on to the final single-elimination round.

The Green team also begins play at 7 a.m. today against Louisiana State. They then must turn around and play North Carolina State at 1 p.m. Yale will be the Ram's last opening-round opponent with that game taking place on Friday at 9 a.m. For the Green team to advance to the final round they must finish as one of the top eight teams of the 20 in the open division.

Hockey faces off against CU

The anticipated match-up between the No. 1 CSU Hockey team and the No. 2 CU team starts Friday in Boulder at 7:30 p.m. The second of the two game weekend series is at the Edora Pool and Ice Center, 1801 Riverside Ave. in Fort Collins on Saturday. Tickets for the game are on sale now at EPIC.