Holiday in-Town treats

Authors: By Ann Marie Stecker

Fall in Fort Collins is a great time to be in the mood for a festive treat. This season, the town has a number of goodies to offer. Delicious new meals and rich, warm, creamy drinks from places all over town can help spice up the holiday feel.

For those looking to consume a non-alcoholic beverage, coffee shops have a plethora of beverages to offer. At Starbucks Coffee, 172 N College Ave., regulars know that as Thanksgiving approaches so do the Eggnog Lattes.

"We've had the eggnog flavored lattes every holiday season for 22 years," said Starbucks barista Wes Moore. "It seems more popular around this time of year than regular drinks."

They also have other seasonal tastes, like gingerbread- and pumpkin-flavored lattes.

For students who prefer to support local shops, stop in at the Bean Cycle, 144 N. College Ave. Opened just three months ago by Chas Brandt and his sisters, Lesley and Penelope, the Bean Cycle is already brewing up fresh holiday beverages. The Candy Cane Mocha, a mix of chocolate and peppermint flavors, is made with fair trade coffee that is organic and roasted daily, along with all the other drinks the shop has to offer.

"Lesley and Penelope are the creative ones. They come up with new ideas for drinks almost daily," said Chas Brandt. "Right now the pumpkin and eggnog flavors are more popular. I think (the eggnog) is traditional; it's in the spirit of Christmas, and especially appealing with no alcohol in it."

As far as food and alcoholic beverages go, Bisetti's Italian Restaurant, 120 S. College Ave., offers a seasonal dinner menu. The one being offered now was tailored specifically for this fall.

"We've always offered the seasonal menu and this year we have a wine flight that comes with the dinner that is supposed to match the food on the menu," said Ocean Kehl, a Bisetti's manager.

Bisetti's also offers the Pumpkin Martini.

"The bar manager just thought (the Pumpkin Martini) up," Kehl said. "Many people like that sort of thing during this season."

Between Thanksgiving and other holidays to follow this winter, it's a great time to grab some pals and head out on the town to enjoy what the season and Fort Collins have to offer.