Authors: Jon Pilsner

I see you crying Cam.

I see you realizing that this past weekend was the last home football game and this coming weekend will officially end the season. I know it hurts, knowing that everybody will be home for the holidays this year.

No more tailgates, no more getting up at 8 a.m. on Saturday to watch Lee Corso and Herbie and knowing in a few hours it was going to be your boys competing on the gridiron. No more cheering to the trombone suicides in the band, no more chanting "first down." No more bench-pressing the girls in the stands to the number of points that the Rams just scored.

Yup, there's no bowl game Cam. First time in six years.

What are you going to do with yourself?

I'll tell you what you can do, Cam.

There are 12 other varsity sports, many clubs and what seems like a smorgasbord of intramural sports.

Who says the cheering stops at the end of football season?

As a Division-I school, CSU sponsors a variety of other sports that, being students, are free for the partaking and enjoying.

Take for example water polo. Not only are they some of the best athletes on campus (they have to swim for forever, long after you and I would have drowned or climbed out of the pool in protest) they are also in their first year of competition here at CSU. And seriously, I bet if you tried hard enough, you could tailgate outside Moby Pool.

Are you on a goal-scoring withdrawal because the NHL can't settle how to share millions of dollars? Fear not, Cam. CSU has a club hockey team worthy of note. They've dominated their early season games, and now that the outside world is freezing over, you can sit in the EPIC center and become the traditional hockey fan, waving cowbells with your front teeth missing and yelling "You suck" at opposing teams.

And of course, we could never forget the basketball teams we're fortunate to have. Of course, Cam, you know that the men and the women always play, but did you know that you've been given better seats?

Students now sit behind the basketball hoop on both ends of the court, right next to the action. You know those annoying fans at NBA games who wave their hands and shout obscenities at opposing players. That could, and it should, be you now Cam!

And, with the top recruit talent that men's head coach Dale Layer has brought in, the Rams could easily make the big dance if they caught fire and scorched the Mountain West this season.

The women perhaps are even more impressive, having destroyed their first two exhibition opponents. They lost only one conference game at home last year. I think that's reason enough to get out there Cam.

There's swimming and diving too. Tell me you couldn't support a team that destroyed the Colorado Fluffs 156-81. I call that revenge.

But they all need your help.

Sure, the football team wasn't what everyone hoped it would be. But that shouldn't stop you Cam.

Go out and support the plethora of other teams you have. I'm sure the players wouldn't mind a bit.