Samantha Spady Obituary

Samantha K. Spady, “Sam-Bam,” 19, died on Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004, in Fort Collins.

Spady was from Beatrice, Neb and is survived by her parents Fredrick “Rick” and Patricia “Patty” Spady of Beatrice; one brother, Matthew F. Spady of Beatrice; a grandmother, Fern Jacobsen of Hastings, Neb.; and several aunts, uncles and cousins.

Spady was born on June 20, 1984, in Beatrice and graduated from Beatrice High School in 2003. She then moved to Colorado to attend CSU where she was a sophomore majoring in business administration.

Sketching and artwork were among her favorite pastimes. During her high school career she was involved in many activities including cheerleading, National Honor Society and student council, where she served as class president for three years.

“She was a real neat girl, a real popular, friendly kid,” said Chet McGrury, a former employer of Spady in Beatrice. “She had real potential. She was going places.”

A funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the Centenary United Methodist Church of Beatrice. Interment will be at the Evergreen Home Cemetery in Beatrice.Visitation will be from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Fox Funeral Home in Beatrice and at the church one hour preceding the services Friday. Fox Funeral Home in Beatrice is handling arrangements.

For an online memorial and further information, visit www.foxfuneralhome.net.