Authors: J.J. Babb

Fort Collins Police Services released a composite sketch on Wednesday of the woman critically injured in a car surfing incident Monday night.

The unidentified woman remains in critical condition with head injuries at Poudre Valley Hospital.

FCPS is continuing its investigation into the accident, including taking the woman’s fingerprints, but has not received any solid leads, said Rita Davis, FCPS public information officer.

“We’ve had several calls with people providing information, but nothing has materialized yet,” Davis said.

The woman is approximately 18 to 20 years old, 5 feet 6 inches and 124 pounds. She has shoulder length dark brown hair with red highlights, brown eyes, pierced ears, a pierced belly button and a birthmark on her upper right hip. She was also wearing a silver ring with a single stone on her left hand, according to FCPS.

According to witnesses, the woman was car surfing – standing up or kneeling on top of a moving vehicle – on the 600 block of Smith Street and fell off the vehicle, hitting her head on the pavement, according to a press release from FCPS.

The driver and a second passenger in the vehicle asked onlookers to call for help and then left the scene. The vehicle they were in has been described as a “light-colored, four-door Buick LaSabre with Wyoming plates,” reported FCPS.

When emergency vehicles arrived at the scene they found “a female laying in the middle of the street, bleeding profusely from the head, unconscious and barely breathing,” stated a Tuesday news release from FCPS.

The drivers, if found responsible for the accident, could face charges ranging from leaving the scene of an accident to reckless driving or vehicular assault, Davis said.

“We’re still investigating the case from a lot of different angles,” Davis said.

PVH did receive a couple of phone calls Monday evening asking for the condition of a girl named Shaylynn, but no one has called asking about her since, said Gary Kimsey, spokesman for PVH.

It remains unknown if the woman is a student at CSU, Davis said.

If anyone has information on the victim or other parties involved in the accident, contact FCPS Community Services Officer, Randy Robinson at 221-6540.