Authors: Justin Shaw

The CSU cross country teams traveled north to Laramie, Wyo., this past weekend and started their seasons with a bang.

The men’s team posted a score of 27, enough to take first place. Senior runner Josh Glaab led the victorious Rams with a second-place finish and a time of 21:57. Junior Rob Watson was the next Ram finisher in fourth with a time of 22:01.

Four other CSU runners finished out the top 10 by placing seventh through tenth. They beat out the field, which included University of Colorado-Colorado Springs, Air Force and Wyoming. It was a strong start for the men with their first-place finish, and they look to continue their winning ways Saturday at home in Fort Collins.

The women also put on an impressive display but fell just short of first. The team finished with 57 points and was edged only by event host Wyoming. Junior Danielle Korb had a strong first-place run for the Lady Rams in an impressive time of 14:46. Senior Michelle Carmen was the only other Ram in the top 10, placing fourth. However, the rest of the team did rather well and the team left Laramie with a second-place finish. The ladies are also home in Fort Collins next week for the CSU Open on Saturday and look to improve this weekend’s second-place finish with a first-place one.