Authors: Jeremy Anderson

The finest of the small screen were honored at the 55th Annual Emmy Awards, Sunday night. The big winners were “Everybody Loves Raymond” with five awards, and the made-for-TV movie “Door to Door” with six. The top honor in the drama category went to “The West Wing” for the fourth time.

“Everybody Loves Raymond” lived up to its title, both in awards as well as celebrity reactions. In the tradition of the infamous Britney Spears/Madonna kiss, Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series winner Brad Garrett puckered up with Garry Shandling upon accepting his award. Doris Roberts, Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series winner, was also given a big kiss by “Friends” star, Matthew Perry upon receiving her statue.

In the comedy department, “Everybody Loves Raymond” took the top award. Debra Messing won Best Actress in a Comedy Series for her work on “Will & Grace.” This was Messing’s first win despite three previous nominations.

Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” broke David Letterman’s five-year winning streak for Best Variety, Music or Comedy Series. The show also won an award for writing. Jon Stewart was on hand at the ceremony to provide some comedic commentary, and comedians Wanda Sykes, Dennis Miller and Martin Short were present to poke fun at celebrities such as Kobe Bryant, Geraldo Rivera and those in attendance.

One celebrity who was visibly not having any fun was Bill Cosby, who was there to accept the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award. Cosby looked uncharacteristically humorless during one instance of Sykes’ comedic intermissions. Cosby did, however, give a gracious, though still serious, acceptance speech later on in the night.