Authors: Patrick Crossland

Tuesday’s robbery at the University Park Holiday Inn became the third such crime in a string of hotel robberies to occur in the past month.

A man entered this hotel, 425 W. Prospect St., and demanded money from the 31-year-old female clerk.

The clerk reported the suspect entering the building and coming through the hotel lobby, then demanding money from the register. No weapon was seen at the time of the robbery.

The robbery occurred after two similar incidences took place at the Comfort Inn, 1415 Oakridge, on Jan. 31 and at the Quality Inn Suites, 4001 S. Mason, on Feb. 14.

Various aspects discovered in the investigation may link the incidences together, said Al Brown, spokesperson for Fort Collins Police Services.

“Perhaps there is consistency in the way the robbery takes place,” Brown said.

In each incidence, a male entered the lobby of the hotel, demanded money from the clerk and left on foot, while not revealing a weapon during the robbery.

“A motive is not something that has been released,” Brown said.

No suspect has been identified, but police are seeking assistance from the public in locating Leslie Hinds, who may have information about the robbery.

Brown said Hinds may be a transient in Fort Collins and investigators are looking to talk with him as he may have information about the case.

Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact FCPS Detective Art Choury at 221-6837, or crime stoppers at 221-6868