What will we do on Sundays?

Authors: Joelle Milholm

So the Raiders finally fell. Obviously no team in the AFC was up to the challenge of stopping Oakland’s offense, but Tampa Bay sure was.

So really all it took was one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen, but they got the job done.

My new favorite person is Simeon Rice, who sacked Rich Gannon twice and scared him more than all those crazy members of the “Raider Nation” scare me.

Although the game was a little slow at the beginning, it turned out to be a pretty good game. The only thing I would change is the MVP. Don’t get me wrong, I thought Dexter Jackson had a terrific game, but the MVP should have gone to Gannon – for the Buccaneers. He threw five picks, three of which were returned for touchdowns. That is one more touchdown pass than he threw to his team. I really don’t think the Buccaneers could have won without him.

Then there were the commercials. I thought they were pretty funny. Joe Montana lost a Super Bowl ring, but still has three more than Tim Brown or Gannon will ever have; there are almost more sequels coming out than Oakland had yards in the first half; and now there are severe consequences for messing up those TPS reports.

According to an online USA Today poll, the fan favorite is the new position of office linebacker brought to you by Reebok. Coming in at a close second is the Budweiser Clydesdales. They cannot even play a game without the referees making mistakes.

Taking last place was the Levi’s stampede commercial, followed by Jared from Subway having a dream. Will this guy ever go away?

So all in all, it was a good Sunday. Then next Sunday, the Pro Bowl will finish off the NFL season. It will be hard to tune in to watch the game that has the least Broncos in a long time, with Trevor Pryce being the lone representative due to Al Wilson’s injury.

So then what are we supposed to do on Sundays?

The answer is simple. Starting in February, the CSU rugby team will be kicking off its season. Feb. 16 marks the home opener for the rugby team against the Colorado School of Mines. Continuing through April, the team will have other home games against Wyoming and Northern Colorado.

Why watch a butch of guys running around in helmets and pads, when you can watch a rugby game with guys tackling each other with a mouth guard as their only protection?

The Rams are expected to have a very exciting season filled with hard hits, strong runs, and another chance to beat UNC in what has become a very important rivalry.

Football will be back next season, why not make rugby part of the off-season?

Joelle Milholm is a sophomore journalism major.