Authors: Patrick Crossland

Five days after University of Northern Colorado sophomore Lacy Miller’s disappearance, Fort Collins Police continue to investigate.

“They’re stepping it up now,” said Stacy Evans, Miller’s Aunt. “Now they are taking it really serious.”

Evans said FCPS have assigned more people to the case, dedicating three or four more people to the investigation. According to Rita Davis, FCPS spokesperson, the case has moved from a private on-call detective to the Fort Collins’ Crimes Against Persons Unit.

Mark Cohen, Miller’s stepfather, said police have looked through Miller’s bedroom as well as the vehicle that she was driving before her disappearance.

“They’ve taken in her car for forensic tests and have looked through the house,” Cohen said.

Miller was last seen Saturday after dropping a friend off from a party. Her parents reported her missing when she didn’t return home by 6:30 a.m. Her car was found near her parent’s home in Fort Collins, though there was no evidence of foul play, FCPS said.

Family members said her car was parked “three doors down and on the other side of the street,” on Brumbaugh Street.

Family members have talked with television and newspapers and have passed out flyers at sporting events and community gatherings.

“They will pass out flyers at the Fort Collins-Rocky Mountain High School Basketball Game,” Cohen said.

Cohen said the Greeley Blaze, a semi-professional football team, have been “hitting the streets,” putting up flyers and posters. Cohen said various teams and players from the 250-team association have volunteered to help in the search for Miller.

Davis said community members have also been helpful and have distributed hundreds of flyers.

“Her mom has been basically saying be strong, we love you, miss you bad and hang in there, we’re going to find you,” Evans said, when asked if there is any message from the family to Miller.

Miller was last seen wearing a black short sleeve T-shirt, a white terry cloth hooded jacket, faded blue jeans and black shoes. Anyone with information about the location or activities of Lacy Miller is asked to call Detective Marc Neal, 970-221-6895.