Authors: Collegian Staff

Robbery/kidnapping suspect identified

Collegian staff

The suspect wanted in the robbery and kidnapping of a local convenience store clerk Sunday has been identified by Fort Collins Police Services.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Timothy E. O’Rourke, a 41-year-old man who was recently a resident of Harvest Farm in Wellington. His haircut has been changed from the photograph released by FCPS, according to a press release. His hair is now dyed black and cropped short.

At approximately 3 a.m. Sunday, the suspect entered the Loaf ‘N Jug at 1801 College Ave. The clerk at the store was robbed and forced to leave with the suspect in the victim’s car. A newspaper deliveryman notified police that the store was unattended when he arrived to deliver the papers at approximately 4 a.m.

While investigating the incident, FCPS were notified by the Denver Police Department that the victim had been released, unharmed, near the intersection of Colfax Avenue and Downing Street in Denver at about 5:15 a.m. The suspect fled in the victim’s car and made off with a small amount of money from the store. The victim then reported the incident to Denver police. DPD recovered the car on the 1200 block of East 12th Street in Denver, three or four blocks from where the victim was released.

O’Rourke faces charges of second-degree kidnapping, two counts of aggravated robbery, aggravated motor vehicle theft, and menacing, according to the arrest warrant. He is believed to be in the Denver metro area.

Anyone with information about O’Rourke’s location should contact Det. Kristy Volesky at (970)224-6116.