Authors: Patrick Crossland

A 21-year-old gas station clerk is safe after he was robbed and kidnapped Sunday in Fort Collins. The suspect in the crime stole the clerk’s car and remains at large.

The incident occurred Sunday morning at approximately 3:09 a.m. at the Loaf and Jug store located at 1801 N. College Avenue, according to a release by Fort Collins Police Services.

The clerk was robbed and forced to leave with the suspect in the victim’s car. A newspaper deliveryman notified police the store was unattended when he arrived to deliver the papers at approximately 4 a.m. While investigating the incident, FCPS were notified by the Denver Police Department that the victim had been released unharmed in Denver.

The victim was released on Colfax near Downing St. in Denver at approximately 5:15 a.m. The suspect fled in the victim’s car and made off with a small amount of money from the store, according to the release. The victim then reported the incident to DPD.

The suspect is described as a clean-shaven white male, approximately 20 to 30 years old, with a medium build and is about 5 foot 10 inches tall. He was wearing a dark sweater with a Christmas snowflake on the front, black gloves and a black hat. According to the victim, the suspect may have had a gun, though no weapon was seen.

The suspect was last seen driving the victim’s light blue 1985 four-door Toyota Corolla LE with Colorado license plate 108-BXB.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to contact FCPS Detective Kristi Volesky at 224-6116.