Sporty girl at CSU

Authors: Jodi Friedman

A future sideline reporter for ESPN on College Game Day walks among the Rams at CSU. Jenny Cavnar does not just dream, she makes her goals a reality.

Cavnar, a marketing and speech communications major from Aurora, Colo. arrived in college and got involved right away. She is a news anchor for Campus Television (CTV on channel 25), a member of the Society of Professional Journalists, an active member in a campus-business fraternity and a lacrosse player. Clubs and organizations are only the tip of the iceberg for Cavnar’s youthful learning experiences.

She currently works for The Zone 1410 AM, a sports network radio station in Fort Collins. She does Fans in the Stands where two football players’ parents are interviewed during the game and aired live on The Zone. She also helps with prep sports reporting.

One of Cavnar’s most memorable experiences took place the previous summer during her internship with 9News. The employees in the sports department habitually place bets on sporting events and games. Sports Anchor Tony Zarrella asked Cavnar’s prediction on an upcoming boxing match and she said, “Lennox Lewis with a knockout in the eighth round.” Zarrella and others lightheartedly ridiculed Cavnar until her guess was perfectly on the money!

Cavnar values her free time because it is rare in her life. Her favorite activities include watching football, hanging out with friends and shopping. She also loves traveling and makes an attempt to attend away football games.