Authors: Kyle Endres

Thursday the Lory Student Center may experience an invasion of ghosts, goblins, angels and other imaginary or real characters.

The student center is hosting, “Trick or Treat through the decades” as its theme for its annual Halloween celebration. Fort Collins children are invited to dress in costume and receive candy from the different organizations in the building between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Each organization will be decorating its office in a decade theme chosen by their group.

“This might be the event that LSC staff embraces most in the whole year,” said Lina Saldarriaga, a marketing graduate assistant for the student center.

Each group on campus is given an allotment of candy, which is provided by First National Bank. Prizes are also given to the organizations that best decorate their office. CSU Marketing Club members will be judging the decorations.

“It’s really fun,” said Nina Simmers, office manager for campus activities, who will be representing the 1980s in their decorating. “Probably half the fun for us is that the whole campus community comes through the student center.”

Also on Halloween, the CSU Bookstore will be handing out “Boo Bucks” to students wearing costumes. “Boo Bucks” are coupons for $5 off the purchase of general books. However, the coupons do not have to be used on Thursday.

“It’s fun seeing people’s costumes,” said Fran Wilson, an administrative assistant at the bookstore. “Some people have really good imaginations.”

Saldarriaga thinks Thursday will be a fun day for both CSU students and city children.

“It’ll be a fun day for students to come in their costumes and see the little kids in their costumes,” she said. “We really want to encourage more participation this year.”

Edited by Colleen Buhrer and Josh Hardin