Authors: yle Endres

CSU will be hosting a dinner for donors to the school on Friday at its annual 1870s dinner.

The dinner, named after the year CSU was founded, will be recognizing people or organizations that have donated at least $1,870 to CSU in the past year.

“It’s really a gala occasion where we can thank our donors for their support and advocacy,” said Crissie Snow, assistant to the president of CSU, in charge of university events and development.

The event, in its 15th year, will be held in the Main Ballroom of the Lory Student Center. Over 500 donors will attend, in addition to 22 students representing different student organizations or advocacy offices, said Debra McCune, director of annual giving at CSU.

Speakers at the dinner will include CSU President Albert C. Yates, Gordon Meurer, chair of the CSU development council, and Peter Nicholls, provost and academic vice-president at CSU. Associated Students of CSU President David Bower and ASCSU Vice-president Jessica Chavez will offer closing remarks.

The dinner will also recognize members of CSU’s three lifetime giving societies, the President’s Society, the Morgan Society and the Lory Society. The President’s Society will recognize cumulative contributions from $25,000 to $99,000, the Morgan Society will acknowledge donations from $100,000 to $999,999 and the Lory Society will recognize those of $1 million or more.

The Frontier Society will also be recognized for their planned gifts to CSU.

CSU raised more than $34 million in total gifts and pledges for the 2001-2002 fiscal year. The school sees this event as a great opportunity to show gratitude for its donors’ contributions, McCune said.

“It’s a great opportunity to say thanks to our donors,” McCune said, “who really impact the CSU campus community.”

Edited by Colleen Buhrer and Josh Hardin