Authors: Kyle Endres

There are two new Web sites at CSU offering students a chance to find out what is going on at their university.

The Web sites at www.whatsup.colostate.edu and www.livelifelate.com both contain information about campus activities and programs.

Whats up is run by Campus Informational Services and gives links to different campus organization Web sites, as well as access to the student life calendar.

“The purpose of (the Web site) is to have one central place to find out about everything that’s going on on campus,” said Kate Starks, coordinator of information and technology for Campus Informational Services. “We’re really excited about it and we hope that it will be a prime place to look for events on campus.”

The Live Life Late Web site is run through the Lory Student Center Marketing Department and is designed to give information about late night programming at CSU.

“(The program) is designed to get students excited about being here at CSU and to foster enthusiasm in the campus community,” said Jill Zambito, program advisor in campus activities. “Late Night provides an alternative to the bar scene.”

The whats up Web site is now updated with most upcoming CSU activities. The Live Life Late Web site should be up and running some time next week, Zambito said.

Whats up also is an opportunity for organizations and clubs on campus to let students know what they are doing. Anybody can add an event to the calendar, Starks said, provided it is a campus-related activity.

“I think it will be a new way to advertise,” said Starks, who maintains the Web site and the campus calendar. “This calendar might give (groups) more access to the campus than just a certain type of interest.”

The whats up Web site shows up to four events that are main attractions or events on campus, Starks said. Students looking for more events can click on the master calendar link.

The site also has links to Associated Students of CSU, Association for Student Activity Programs, Athletics, Student Organizations and other groups, as well as to RamWeb, the academic calendar and campus maps.

“It’s really easy to get lost in school, and this will help (students) find (their) way on campus,” Starks said.

Live Life Late is part of a campus-wide initiative to add more late night programming on campus. The program runs Thursday through Saturday from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m., and offers a variety of movies, concerts and other events campus.

Campus groups can also put their events on the Live Life Late Web site. The program offers grants to groups that want to run programming during the late night hours. Grant applications can be printed from the Web site or picked up in room 176 of the student center.

Jesse Hand, a freshmen zoology major, has not been to either Web site, but he thinks they are a good idea.

“It’d be convenient. You’d find out whatever you need at one spot pretty quick,” Hand said. “It’d give freshman a chance to get involved with stuff easier.”