Authors: Kyle Endres

Students still interested in attending this year’s CSU-CU Rocky Mountain Showdown at Invesco Field do have an opportunity to get tickets, but the supply is depleting quickly.

Less than 200 student tickets remain out of the original 10,000-ticket allotment for the Aug. 31 game. Additionally, less than 1,000 general public tickets remain for the game.

The CSU ticket office originally held about 1,000 student tickets for those who were unaware of Saturday’s ticket sale or were unable to attend the event. These tickets went on sale yesterday to a large demand, said Gary Ozzello, assistant director of athletic media relations at CSU.

“We’re thrilled because the response by not only the general public but also our student body has been tremendous,” Ozzello said.

Ozzello also said ticket center officials remain “hopefully optimistic” that all the tickets will be given out.

“Traffic is going to be a mess that weekend with the Taste of Colorado and the Denver Grand Prix going on,” said ASCSU President David Bower. “It’s a pretty good deal, especially with parking costing $10 (at the game).”

Around 200 tickets remain for the Roadtrip, according to Jesse Lauchner, the director of finance for ASCSU. Although, Bower warned that the tickets will go fast.

Students who choose to drive to the game can start parking at Invesco Field at 7 a.m. for the 11 a.m. game.

The gates will open at 9 a.m. and stadium officials are encouraging students to be there at least an hour early to allow time for security screening.

Tickets can be picked up at:

Thurman “Fum” McGraw Athletic Center (students)

Through TicketMaster or online at www.CSURAMS.com or by calling 1-800-491-RAMS. (public tickets

More information on parking at:

www.INVESCOFieldatmilehigh.com or by calling (720) 258-3000