So many meets, so little time.

With their athletes participating in three separate meets last week, the coaches of CSU track and field had their hands full trying to record times and give advice.

“We’re getting down to the last couple of meets before (the Mountain West Conference Championships),” said assistant coach Tom Flood. “So we need all our athletes to get their events in so we can decide who to take.”

The series of meets kicked off Thursday with the Glenn Morris Multi-Meet. The two-day meet featured heptathletes and decathletes from around the region looking to tune-up before the conference championships May 15-18.

Representing CSU in the multi-meet were junior decathlete Matt Weber and freshman heptathlete Cristina Gourdin. Both athletes finished third overall in the meet, with Weber recording 6,395 points and Gourdin recording 4,378.

“It felt great out there having all my teammates cheer me on toward the end of the meet,” said Weber, whose point total smashed his previous personal best of 5,790. “It gives you a big boost, especially when you’re doing the last event of the day.”

Saturday brought sunshine and decent conditions to Fort Collins, just in time for the Rams final home meet of the season: the Jack Christiansen Invitational.

As they have done throughout the season, CSU’s team of female throwers stole the spotlight in the meet.

Led by Sophomore Loree Smith, whose personal-best throw of 188 feet qualified her provisionally for nationals in the hammer throw, the women throwers finished in the top three in every event.

Furthermore, both Smith and junior thrower Hannah Metlzer improved on their provisional qualifying marks in the shot put, throwing distances of 50-8.75 and 49-1.5, respectively.

As for the women on the track, the results were much the same.

Junior Kim Leal, coming off a personal-best 34 minutes, 55 seconds in the women’s 10,000-meter run last weekend, continued her string of personal-best times, finishing first in the women’s 1,500-meter run with a time of 4:50.63.

Training partner, sophomore Jen Kintzley, finished right behind Leal with a time of 4:50.65.

On the men’s side, the Rams saw the triumphant returns of two