Lacross

After several weekend road games, the CSU lacrosse team is ready to showcase its talents in front of a home crowd. The Rams will battle the University of Utah tonight on the intramural fields at 7 p.m. and take to the field again on Saturday when they play rival University of Colorado at 1:30 p.m.

“They’re definitely must wins,” said sophomore defender Mark Plonkey.

“It’s going to be a test to see how we’ll be in the playoffs. We grew up playing against a lot of the guys on CU so it’s always a rivalry.”

The game on Saturday will be the last home game for the team’s seniors. The Rams are coming off last weekend’s Michigan Invitational in which they went 2-1, but lost to the host Michigan team, a game they had expected to win.

Ultimate Frisbee

It all comes down to this for the CSU men’s ultimate Frisbee team. This weekend’s Rocky Mountain Sectional Tournament at CSU will decide which teams move on to the regional tournament at Air Force.

“This is the most important tournament of the season,” said Team President Josh Tabije. “We expect to finish in the top three. We’re psyched for the tournament and riding high after last weekend.”

Team Hibida finished second in the University of Kansas tournament last weekend despite the fact they only had eight players in attendance. The RMS tournament will begin on Saturday at 9 a.m. and will run until 4 p.m. and will resume on Sunday at 10 a.m.

Baseball

The CSU baseball team will take to the flatness of the plains this weekend for two games against the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers. The Rams are currently 9-0 in conference play and are looking to secure a high seed in the playoffs.

The team most recently lost the first game of a doubleheader, 6-3, against Northeastern Junior College Wednesday. Drew Trainor batted 2 of 4 with two RBIs in the loss. Pitcher Andrew Abell started the game for the Rams and went three innings giving up three earned runs.

“We’re just one play away, one big hit away,” said head coach Frank Gonzales. “We’re looking to go out and take the next three conference games. We’re shooting for the No. 1 seed.”

The games against Nebraska will decide what seed the team gets in the national playoffs in Pueblo.

“It should be a decent match-up for us,” Gonzales said. “We just need to pick it up a notch.” n