Baseball

After having most of its spring season cancelled due to weather and other circumstances, the CSU baseball team is ready for some spring fever. The team will play two games against the University of Northern Colorado on Saturday at CSU. The first game is scheduled to start at 11 a.m.

The team is coming off two loses to Trinidad State Junior College; however, the Rams remain 4-0 in the league.

“The game is pretty big,” said team captain Paul Olmstead. “We can set a precedent for the season and the rest of the league this weekend. They (UNC) have been our best competition so it should be a good series.”

CSU Cycling

The CSU cycling club is offering an Oval Race on Sunday open to all students and the public. The mile-long course will be used for races that will run all day from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with various categories for racers. The categories include collegiate men’s and women’s A, B and C, as well as juniors and adult men’s and women’s. Collegiate entries cost $7 and all other entries are $20.

Men’s Lacrosse

After a disappointing loss last weekend to Brigham Young, the CSU lacrosse team will attempt to bounce back this Saturday against Colorado College. The Rams take a 5-2 record into the game against the Division III foe that is also head coach Flip Naumberg’s alma mater.

The team is looking to gain some momentum going into the Michigan Invitational in Ann Arbor, Mich., next weekend when they will play three games against Michigan, Buffalo and Texas A&M.

The CSU women’s lacrosse team will play host to the University of Northern Colorado Friday night. The game will be at 7 p.m. on the Intramural Fields. n